These enchiladas are so good, you will hardly notice there isn’t any meat! I hope you enjoy!
- 8 oz enchilada sauce
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 2 tsp olive oil or favorite oil for sauteeing vegetables
- 2 bell peppers, diced (green, red or orange- whichever you prefer!)
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 package monterrey jack cheese
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chillies
- 1 can corn (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add olive oil to saute pan and cook chopped vegetables over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, put a small amount of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 casserole dish. You will want to use just enough sauce for it to cover the bottom of the dish (a spoon may be helpful for moving it around!)
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, green chiles, 1 cup of the monterey jack cheese, 2 tsp of enchilada sauce, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Once the vegetables are done cooking, add them as well.
- Next, working in increments, fill the tortillas one at a time with the veggie mixture. Roll the tortillas and place seam side down. Once all the tortillas have been filled, cover the dish with the remaining enchilada sauce. (Try to cover all the tortillas with sauce to prevent them from crisping!)
- Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!