This Meatless Skillet is good for if you want to go vegan. The Sun-dried tomatoes add so much flavor to this dish!
Tuscan Skillet (Meatless)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil) I like to use one with Italian herbs
- 2 cans beans navy (or white beans) are preferred
- 2 cups kale fresh or frozen
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain the beans.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp of garlic and 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (beans, kale, diced tomatoes, oregano and basil, salt and pepper). Cook on low for 5 minutes.