Sausage and rice casserole is such a cozy fall dish. My family loves this easy meal because it is so hardy and delicious, even the little kids eat this up with no problems. A great dessert to eat with this meal is Pumpkin Crunch Cake.
Sausage and Rice Casserole
- 1 lbs sausage
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 2 celery stalks (finely diced)
- 14 oz chicken broth
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- brown and crumble sausage in skillet once starting to brown add onion and celery cook until the sausage is no longer pink.
- In a separate bowl mix together broth, cream of celery soup, rice, and cheese.
- Pour sausage, onion and celery into broth mixture
- pour everything in to a casserole dish and cover tightly with tin foil
- Bake 1 hour at 350
- Remove from oven, remove cover and let sit for 10 mins, then enjoy!