I am so glad you are checking out these amazing Christmas Cookies! My family gets excited every time I make these. These cookies took me a couple years to perfect, but they are just the right amount of salty and sweet in every bite!
The kids love helping me in the kitchen! And I equally love having them helping me! We start making Christmas cookies on St Nicholas’ feast day, and we will start eating them on St Lucy’s Feast Day. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family enjoys them!
Mama's Christmas Cookies
- electric mixer
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups mixed red and green candy coated chocolates (like M&Ms)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups pretzel rods, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla, then add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low until the dough just comes together.
- Add the chocolate candies, oats, pretzels, and white chocolate chips and stir with a large spoon until evenly mixed.
- Scoop cookie dough and form 1 inch balls and space cookies evenly apart on a baking sheet. Press the dough balls into thick disks with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown at the edges and barely brown in the middle. Rotate the baking sheet(s) front to back halfway through.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 1 minute, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
I can totally attest to these cookies!!! Made them last year and OMG, sooooo good!!! Anywhere I took them, people LOVEDD them!!!
We made these last year and are going to make them again this year! So good!! Thank you for sharing the recipe🙂
My daughter, grandkids and I made these this year and they were so huge! A nice blend of flavors and colors for Christmas. Next year we may cut back on the amount of M and M’s and white chocolate chips to “cut back” ? on the sweetness and excess pieces that fell off the dough balls. Thanks for the recipe Heather, they were yummy and a nice Christmas “memory maker” with the grandkids!
These cookies are AMAZING! I’ve wanted to make them ever since I first saw the video and this year I was able to in mine and my husband’s new home! Great memories and the neighbors were thrilled! Sweet and salty and packed full of goodies! There’s something for everyone to like in these wonderful cookies!