I am so glad you are checking out these amazing Christmas Cookies! My family gets excited every time I make these cookies! These cookies took me a couple years to perfect but they are just the right amount of salty and sweet in every bit!
The kids love helping me in the kitchen! And I equally love having them helping me! We start making Christmas cookies on St Nicholas feast day and we will start eating Christmas Cookies on St Lucy’s Feast. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family enjoys them!
Mama's Christmas Cookies
- electric mixer
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 sticks (1 Cup) Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Mixed Red and Green Candy Coated Chocolates (like M&Ms)
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Pretzel Rods, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Best in vanilla, then add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low until the dough just comes together.
- Add the chocolate candies, oats, pretzels, and white chocolate chips and stir with a large spoon until evenly mixed.
- Scoop cookie dough and form 1 inch balls and space cookies evenly apart on a baking sheet. Press the dough balls into thick disks with the palm of your hand.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown at the edges and barely brown in the middle. Rotate the baking sheet(s) front to back halfway through.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 1 minute, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.