This meal is one of my go to meals for when I want a last minute dinner because it has been a hectic day! The chili is very mild but still has so much flavor. My trick to having quick dinners like this is to always have already cooked chicken on hand. My family loves this white chili over rice or with corn bread.
For a great dessert to go with this recipe I recommend this Pumpkin Crunch Cake.
Easy Cozy White Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 4oz canned chili peppers (chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 14oz canned Northern beans or pinto beans
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- Next add chicken broth, chicken, chili peppers, cumin, oregano, salt, sugar and stir well, then let simmer for 20 mins.
- This is great over rice and with corn bread.