This is the most amazing grilled cheese that I have ever made! This is a great meal to have as a family. (We always have soup with this dish.) I hope you enjoy!
Ricotta Grilled Cheese
- 1 bag frozen spinach warmed and cooked through according to package directions. You can also use fresh, but I prefer buying it frozen so that is it already wilted.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf crusty bread I love using sourdough bread, but any crusty bread will work!
- In a large bowl, add spinach, mozzarella, parmesan, and ricotta cheese.
- Next, combine garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Butter two pieces of bread and on the opposite side, add cheese mixture. Try not to layer it on too thick or it will spill over and make a mess while it's cooking!
- Close up the bread (like you're making a sandwich) and place on a buttered frying pan. The trick is to cook the bread low and slow! Watch it to make sure it doesn't burn.
- Continue above steps with the remaining pieces of bread.