The month of November is chalk-full of some awesome Liturgical living ideas! There are some great Saint Feast Days to celebrate and lots to do in preparation for Advent and Christmas! To download your November Catholic Checklist PDF click here.
This month’s checklist includes:
- Celebrate All Saints Day- go to Mass! (Nov. 1)
- On All Saints Day, make a special recipe in honor of a particular Saint
- On All Souls Day, consider lighting a particular candle with the names inscribed on it of deceased loved ones (Nov. 2) Throughout the day, pray for those individuals!
- Pick out an Advent devotional
- Decorate your November home altar (include prayer cards of some November Saints- St. Martin de Porres, St. Cecilia, St. Elizabeth of Hungary)
- Begin preparations for Advent- make or spruce up your Advent wreath from last year.
- Prepare your Jesse tree!
- Bake a crown cake or cookies to celebrate Feast of Christ the King on November 20th.
- Listen to music and have a family dance party on St. Cecilia’s Feast Day on November 22nd.
- Start Christmas shopping!
- Talk with your family about the Miraculous Medal and tell its history for St. Catherine LaBoure’s Feast Day on November 28th
- East fish (or goldfish or Sweedish fish snacks) or play go fish! on St. Andrew’s Feast Day on November 30th
I hope this checklist gives you some new ideas this November! But tell me, how do you and your family like to prepare for Advent?
Do you have a link for where you got your Jesse tree (not the actual tree, but the books and ornaments)? I am having a hard time finding it. Thanks!! Love this checklist!
Where is the gift tracker PDF you talked about in this weeks YouTube?
I just linked it sorry I forgot to do that! I hope it is helpful!