Okay so there is a lot of butter in this one but it is so dreamy! Lots of flavor and perfect for all seasons winter or summer! I usually serve this chicken on white rice and steamed broccoli on the side. Perfect for busy days when you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
Crockpot shredded Lemon Chicken
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 Tbs Flour or arrow root
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Place chicken breasts directly in the crock pot.
- Next, add in chicken broth,
- In a separate bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, basil and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Cut up butter and place directly over the chicken breasts.
- Place garlic into crockpot, followed by lemon zest. Then, squeeze the entire lemon over the chicken.
- Let sit on high for 3-4 hours (may very by crockpot!) Once it starts to fall apart, you know it's done!
- Once the chicken is done, remove 1/2 cup worth of the broth and add to a mixing bowl and combine with approx. 2 tablespoons of flour. Add butter mixture back to crockpot and whisk together to thicken sauce.
- Remove the chicken, shred it and then add it back to the crockpot