This recipe is another really easy recipe that takes maybe 2 minutes of prep, but the flavor is so amazing! This is one of my easy go to meals when I am in a rush!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts butterflied or thinly sliced
- 1 jar basil pesto sauce (I use Classico brand)
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 container fresh mozzerella sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butterfly chicken breasts in half and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Add salt to each breast.
- Next, spread a healthy serving of pesto sauce to the top of the chicken breasts. Then, add two slices of tomato to each chicken breast.
- Lastly, place 2 slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
I started making this dish, when I watched your video – it has been an alltime favourite ever since 🙂
I am so glad you like it!!!
I’d give it more stars if I could! I made it for our Sunday dinner tonight and my husband told me it is a keeper so it will be part of our regular dinner plan from now on. The cheese got all brown and bubbly and the chicken was moist and tender. It looked like it took a lot of time to prepare, but it was so quick and easy to make. It was really delicious and the best part is that we have left-overs for another dinner this week.
Thank you for sharing this with us! It’s so delicious and I agree with Sharon that I wish I could give it even more stars! 🙂 This is now one of my favorite all time recipes and a huge time saver :).