In this post, I’ll go through and share some of our family’s favorite videos that are included in the clean family movies list! These are great, fun films that I feel completely safe with my family watching. There is so much garbage out there- it’s unfortunate because there are some movies with great plots but then are ruined by some really icky parts!
Every Friday night we have movie night in our house with popcorn, juice, and gummies,. This is the kids’ big treat for the week and it is so fun! What are some of your family movie traditions and your favorite family films!?
Here is my List of Clean family Movies:
- Prince of Egypt (1998)– This is one of my husband’s favorites. It is all about God. It makes you want to be Holy and those are the kinds of movies I want my children to watch!
- Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken (1991)-This was my absolute favorite movie as a movie and still is to this day!
- Secondhand Lions (2003)- Super adventurous and fun
- The Chronicles of Narnia- The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005)– Awesome movie, but has some scary elements so I definitely recommend for older children
- The Sound of Music (1965)– Another on of my favorites- who doesn’t love the Sound of Music?!
- Swiss Family Robinson (1960)– An American classic, brings me back to my childhood every time!
- Stuart Little (1999)- Based on a book, I think this is a super sweet one!
- I am David (2003)– It is an intense story but my children were absolutely glued to the TV and it made them really appreciate how blessed they are
- October Sky (1999) – great for ages 7 and up- it’s a super fun story!
- The Bells of St. Mary’s (1945)– You’ll leave the movie feeling like a million bucks- it is so good and pure!
- Eight Below (2006)- Another true story, very entertaining
- Little Women (1994)– I think I selfishly like this movie a lot more than my children, it is so so good and wholesome. By the time my girls are in middle school, hopefully they love it!
- The Rookie (2002)– Based on a true story- and there are little snippets about God which I always love in Hollywood films 🙂
- Brother Francis– 20 minute videos teaching the Catholic Faith. Also recommend getting a Formed account (or check with your parish who might have one!)
Thank you! I am constantly making a list like this on my phone’s notes. I’m glad nowI can get to add new ones with your post!