I am sure there are many ways to cook chicken fajitas, but my goal was to make a version with the quickest cook time. This is what I came up with, and I hope you like it! I top with sour cream and avocados as well. The spice mixture I use is from this website.
Easy Chicken Fajitas
- 4 or 5 bell peppers (any color variation) cut into strips
- 1 red onion cut into strips
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 package flour tortillas
- taco seasoning or Fajita seasoning to taste
- Saute vegetables in oil over medium-high heat until the veggies are browned and crispy.
- Next, add taco seasoning. We like a lot of flavor so we add quite a bit, but feel free to add as much/little as your family likes!
- Once vegetables are coated in the seasoning, add chicken. Then add a little extra avocado/olive oil to the mixture and toss to coat.
- The fajitas are all ready to be assembled! Place the chicken/pepper mixture in a tortilla and top with your favorite add-ins (cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc) before rolling up! Enjoy!
- To make these even yummier, you could warm up the flour tortillas over the stove or the in the oven.